Eat This Food if You Want to Stay Healthy- Kontomire Abom with Turkey Berries Recipe. Ever looking to treat yourself with a delicious Ghanaian delicacy? Try this recipe Kontomire Abom recipe out
400g of Organic Spinach or Cocoyam leaves or Kontomire
1 sliced large Onion
5g of turkey berries (kwansusua)
5g of groundnut
1g of fresh tomatoes
2 eggs or more
20g of Pettie Belle Chillies (Kpakposhito)
185g of Salted Fish (Koobi)
30ml of Zomi or Palm oil
Salt to taste and avocado (paya)
- Wash the kontomire leaves well, remove the stalk from the vine and place in a pot together with the turkey berries and eggs.
- Steam until the kontomire leaves are tender. Turn off the heat and keep any remaining water left after the steaming.
- Place the chilli, onion, tomatoes, groundnut in an asanka (earthenware mortar) and mash it with the pestle.
- Mash until it is well incorporated with the onion mixture.
- Add the kontomire and mash well into the mixture. If it is too thick, loosen it up with a bit of water from the steaming process.
- Add salt to taste. Removed cook egg from shell and add to stew.
- Heat palm oil with onions and koobi and pour it on the mashed ingredients.
- Serve this sauce with boiled cassava, yam, ripe and unripe plantains or cocoyam.
I tried this recipe with boiled cassava (Bankye ampesi) and the rest is history. Give it a try!